Winona SWCD Cover Crop Spring Self Guided Tour
April 12 - July 1
Self Guided – April through July.
7 farms with 9 sites to visit.
Visit the sites before planting season starts, during a rain day, and once the crop is taking off in June or July.
Here’s a summary of the field sites you can tour….
* planting corn and soybeans green,
* roller crimping mature rye with soybeans,
* interseeding v1-v4 corn
* 60″ corn with interseeding,
* double cropping Triticale and NT soybeans,
* and making cover crops work with manure.