- This event has passed.
SPRF Irrigation and Nutrient Management Virtual Field Day
August 27, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This upcoming virtual field day will give farmers and agronomists the opportunity to learn about the latest agronomic research in central Minnesota from the comfort of their own home. U of M scientists will join other presenters to deliver timely information about ongoing research at the Sand Plain Research Farm (SPRF) in Becker, Minnesota.
This field day will be held online so participants can join from their computer, tablet, or phone. Pre-registration is required. Pre-register by clicking here. Participants will be able to ask the researchers questions after their presentations.
Learn about these five research projects taking place at the Sand Plain Research Farm (SPRF) in Becker, Minnesota:
- Irrigation and Nitrogen management research projects for profitable corn production and groundwater quality protection – Vasudha Sharma, Assistant Extension Professor – Irrigation Specialist
- GEMS Informatics: Soil to Satellite and Sensor to Supercomputer – Bryan Runck, Geocomputing scientist
- Enhancing soil health in irrigated potato cropping systems – Carl Rosen, Professor and Extension nutrient management specialist
- Lessons from current nitrogen management research projects in irrigated corn – Fabian Fernandez, Associate Professor and Extension soil fertility specialist
- Advancing Intensive Management of Continuous Corn on Irrigated Sands – Jeffrey Coulter, Professor and Extension agronomist