- This event has passed.
Farms and Woodlands Course
November 25, 2019 - April 3, 2020
BRAND NEW OFFERING! UMN Extension developed the Farms and Woodlands Course especially for landowners who want to get the most out of every acre of their land. This comprehensive program gives landowners insight on taking a whole system approach to farm and woodland management.
The course consists of 12 self-paced modules offered online. Each module contains exercises and group discussions. Complete the work on your schedule, while still contributing to group learning. 3 in-person meetings and 2 virtual meetings will be held to help answer your questions and to provide an opportunity to meet with and learn from professionals and fellow landowners. The course will run from the end of November 2019 through April 2020.
– How to map your property
– How to identify noxious weeds and invasive species in your fields and woods
– How to handle land transitions and estate planning
– How your farm practices can impact your woods, and vice versa
– About opportunities for silvopasture, agroforestry, and more
After completing the Farms & Woodlands program, you will:
– Have an expanded vision for your land
– Know how to make your property more resilient
– Have at least one on-the-ground project that can be implemented
– Know which professional to contact if you need assistance
Interested landowners can learn more and register on the class webpage at z.umn.edu/mwofarms. A rate of $120 includes the first two family members. Additional members may register for $50. Members of the MN Soybean Growers Association can register at a $25 discount. Discount codes must be used at the time of registration, and cannot be applied retroactively.
Registration/discount code questions: Emily Dombeck, email@example.com, 612-624-6709
Course content questions: Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-626-4280