- This event has passed.
Adaptive Grazing for Oak Savanna Management Field Day
October 22 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Friday, October 22 | 9 AM–2 PM | Zimmerman
This free field day will be held at the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge. Staff will give an overview of the Refuge and oak savanna management, followed by a visit to University of Minnesota research plots and review of the Refuge’s grazing management in recent years.
Lunch will be provided. Participants are encouraged to come prepared to be outside all day and dressed for the weather. We will be touring several sites around the refuge that will require walking short distances. Register here.
- Kent Solberg, SFA Senior Technical Advisor
- Gary Wyatt, University of Minnesota Extension
- Austin Yantes, University of Minnesota Graduate Research Assistant, Natural Resource Science Management
- Doug Voss, SFA Grazing Lead
- Tyler Carlson, SFA Silvopasture & Agroforestry Project Lead
This field day is funded by the Legislative Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources. The event is part of a join effort between the University of Minnesota Extension, SFA, Great River Greening, and the Center for Integrated Natural Resource Agricultural Management.